A properly finished epoxy floor coating for garage has many advantages over an exposed concrete. Even though there are many finished garage floor available, they cannot match the benefits that come with an epoxy floor coating. Here are some of the main reasons why you should use an epoxy floor coating for your garage.
· Professionalism: If installed in the right way, an epoxy floor will help keep your garage looking well-maintained. It does not matter how you choose to use your garage because epoxy coating come in many colors to choose from.
· Resistance to Stains and Water: When you use an epoxy coating, your ordinary floor is instantly transformed into a non-porous surface. A water resistant surface makes it perfect for use in case of spills and messes, which results due to car maintenance. The epoxy coating will also make it very easy to clean the floor because it repels all types of stains.
· Damage Resistance: Besides epoxy floor coating being good looking to admire, it is also able to resist the most brutal treatment. The brilliant surface is resistant to debris scratching and debris. Even the falling of heavy materials and tools are no match to the durability of the floor.
· Economical Choices: Epoxy coating is one of the best cost-effective flooring because it is not expensive like other finishes that do not even last long due to damage. It is a great choice for homeowners who use their garage a lot.
· Easy Preparation: Unlike other finishes out there, epoxy does not need a lot of preparation. All what is required is to ensure that the floor is dry and clean prior to the application. Epoxy will not be able to bond firmly with the floor if it is not thoroughly dry. It is advisable to hire a professional to do this work for you.
· Not Difficult to Clean: A cement floor can look gruesome when subjected to grease, motor oil, dirt, wood stains and glass. However, an epoxy coated floor makes it easy to clean all these dirt by just using soapy water and a rag.
Thinking about a DIY solution? Check out this link: http://www.thisoldhouse.com/toh/how-to/intro/0,,20174654,00.html
If your garage floor starts to look old and worn out, maybe it’s just the right time to try epoxy. Epoxy floor coating will save you not only a lot of money, but also the time and the effort needed to install and maintain. In addition, you will also be able to enjoy the epoxy floor for very many years to come.